I have a great idea for a startup business. What steps do I need to take to get the plan in action?
- Check to see if someone else is already doing your business. This establishes if there is a need for your product or service and what the cost will be.
- Look for product reviews of your competition and see what folks are complaining about. Then offer the solution as a Unique Selling Point this will be your Value Position.
From question 1 you will see if there is a market for your product and if you can live off the profits you will make per sale. The answer to question number 2 will tell you what the customers are complaining about and if you can offer the same product but solve the solution to their complaint then you may indeed have some customers quite quickly.
Once you have a #1 Product #2 Selling Price #3 Value Position (Unique Selling Point) time for Marketing:
- Go to facebook groups and find folks that are talking about using your product and join those groups.
- Once you join the group ask for any Clubs or Meetup Groups in your area.
- Get in touch with the Club or Group and meet some of the people. Float the idea of your product past them and see if there is a need or competitor you don’t know about. These folks will gladly share any knowledge they have.
Now you have a Product, Price, Value Position and Potential Customers then you need a website. I suggest WordPress since it’s easy to use and affordable.
Take some pictures of the product, add some copy about how to use and benefits of using this product.
Remember your Website Needs to Promote your Product as a “Solution” to a problem. The visitors to your website don’t care about you all they care about is a solution to make their lives easier. If you keep this in mind when creating your website then live will be much easier for you. You can test drive WordPress and an easy to use PayPal Shopping Cart for Free for 45 Days, visit
Hope this helped:
Make a Website in 6 Seconds Flat. Learn to Delight, Engage, Entertain, Educate and Sell to Your Fans! Check Out50% Discount for Teachers